Monday, June 30, 2014

ordinarily delightful Mondays. captured.


Monday.
You are a fresh start, and a clean slate.
You are fast paced, and demand much, but let me breathe. 
The breeze billowing clean sheets. That coffee I waited until 1 o'clock for. 
The three-year-old chatter I listened to.

I dreamed dreams, and planned plans, but I saw here and now and was thankful.
I wore sneakers and dirty hair, and folded washing and swept floors, and I am more than okay with that. 
I let the big ones choose afternoon tea, and they made fudgey chocolate balls, and apricot and coconut ones, and I didn't even let that cinnamon donut near me with the biggest, best self-control I could find.
I let wise friends' words sink deep to my core, and had green tea.
I drank water, and apple cider vinegar, and remembered that last week began with a Kit-Kat for breakfast and was determined again to make this week a good one.
Because we always say we'll start on Monday, and Monday was today, and I started.

I started cleaning out thoughts, and believing for better and hoping for more. 
And the sun shone, and it wasn't icy cold, and my body got moving, and the groceries got done. 
And Amie laughed on the swing before we picked up her siblings, and I was glad I made time, and glad to stand in a patch of sunlight. 
And then the husband went out and the dishes got done, and the sniffly kiddos sank into fresh bedlinen and I boiled the kettle and let the words out without thinking.

Thank God for ordinarily delightful Mondays.

xo

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne! I hope your Monday was lovely xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous capture. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristy, for reading and commenting, I so appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely words and photos. Thank you for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure Julie, thank you for being here xo

      Delete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!