Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day something-or-other, letting go.


If there's anything I have learned about discipline this year, it's that it is hard work.
There have been times that all I have wanted to do is collapse into bed, and sleep.
Only, my commitment to myself this year was to write.
Write.
Every day.
And to prove to myself I could stick at something.
And keep writing, when I don't feel like it or when inspiration is elusive, or when I'm tired, or when things are going on in my personal life that I can't share here.
Writing is a discipline, and one I want to improve.
 
And for 135 days I have proven to myself I can stick at something.
I've pushed myself to the limit and been surprised at what I've been capable of in terms of writing; and I have built habits and reached goals.
 
On Friday, I knew I would be out of service for much of the weekend. Disconnected.
And I'd decided I wouldn't blog.
Letting something have hold of you, and being unable to be flexible, becomes a trap, and I don't want to be stuck in a trap of pleasing people.

What I've learned: discipline is necessary.

And indulgence isn't indulgence when you are constantly indulging.

But when you've eaten clean all week, some chocolate is okay. And when you've blogged all year, a weekend off is okay too.

I'm learning when to push through and work hard... and when to let go, relax, and have a glass of wine with girlfriends.
Which is exactly what I have been doing this weekend.
Back to reality tomorrow.
 
Xx
 

1 comment:

  1. Well done for writing every day but particularly well done for walking in grace. Sounds like you had a fun weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!