Tuesday, April 8, 2014

98/365 • tea with me, it's been too long


I love those moments with friends you come away with a belly full of tea, a heart full of thanks and a head full of ideas.
I opened a link for you to join me, to share what was on your heart.
If I was to tea with you.

It's been too long hasn't it?
Just like with real-life friends, we lose the habit of regular connection and life gets busy and we forget to set aside quality time together.
Well. Lets make it a weekly date again. Would you join me?

Pull up a chair at my kitchen bench. You sit that side, I'll boil the kettle.

If you were to tea with me this week I might be a little bit dazed.
It was a big weekend, and the end of term one approaches.
I know there are only three more days of school morning routine, lunches to pack, and homework to navigate. And then Easter holidays!
I plan to sleep in, bake, take thermoses of hot drinks down to the beach and take a train ride or two to the city with the smalls. 
My heart relaxes at just the thought of unregimented days. 
Time to read books, and stay up a little later.

If you were to tea with me, I'd question you about technology in your house.
How do you monitor iPads and TV? 
I'd admit to the ease of which I let them watch, at my convenience. 
And how I'm thinking of continuing our Monday to Friday rule of no iPads, even during the holidays. 
I want to encourage imagination and outside play and real connection.
Technology makes me a lazy mother, so I set us boundaries. 
As much for me as it is for them.

I'd ask you what you're reading. I'm always curious. And the best books I read are often recommendations from others.

I'd ask you what you're believing for, hoping for. I might share a little of my hope, although the nervousness has worn off slightly, I am still reminded at how much of my heart I send out here. And that I often wonder why. 
But I know it has a lot to do with what Lord Byron said about writing, "If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad". Maybe I'm a little bit mad already to put it out here...

So. If I sat to tea at your place, where would we be? How is your heart?

I would love to hear about what is going on in your world.
I would love to know what it would be like to have a tea (or a coffee, or even a coke, if that's your flavour!) with you. 
What's on your heart? What have you been reading? How can we encourage, and inspire each other {because that's what happens when you tea with a dear friend, no?}

I would love to join you!
You can invite me, and others, by writing a blog post. Paste in the button if you'd like.
Or, if you're not bloggy, perhaps we could tea via instagram?
Shall we hashtag #teawithteacupstoo? Boil the kettle!

I look forward to coming away with a full heart.

xx



teacups too


You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 7 days, 7 hrs, 7 min (4/15/2014 11:59 PM Australia - Australian Western Standard Time)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Em, I've got goosebumps reading that post….it kind of did feel like you were sitting right beside me…having a chat, and I wanted to stop after each sentence and answer your question or ask what book you are reading. And "how is my heart" oh what a beautiful thing to ask. WEll here are some things I'd tell you if I were having tea at yours…

    holidays! bring them on…I'm loving that moment in the morning when I'm awake, but only sort of and I don't know what day it is, then realise I don't care….it's the school holidays!
    Technology…hmmm this isn't a huge issue for us. Our kids haven't watched tv for about 4 years now. They have a small collection of dvd's and watched one today as it poured all day. My son has an iTouch, which he has time with in the morning, then sometimes a bit extra time after chores are done in the afternoon. I consider myself a lucky parent that we don't have to be too regimented with technology at this stage.
    Reading…oh I just finished "a fault in our stars" by John green…oh i read it one sitting and cried my little heart out. My friend has given me "black swan green" (author escapes me) and so far so good. Next on my list I think will be "The Yellow eyes of crocodiles". What are you reading? any recommendations? Oh and if you were having tea at mine, we'd be sitting on the couch, by the fire overlooking green hills, watching the rain fall and the resident kangaroos that are always in my front yard!
    hugs and God bless xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, you are so lovely! I can just picture us sitting at your new place (after a long, ambling tour of the house and gardens of course!) sipping our cuppas. I just know without a doubt that you and I would have no end of topics to chat about.
      I read The Fault In Our Stars over New Years and couldn't put it down. Love, love, loved it!
      Recently read The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd, and I'm going to pick up Rice Mother by Rani Manicka which was a novel given to me. I think I have the other one by the same author too. That will keep me busy over the holidays.
      Envy your technology-free household, and I'm more determined now to stick to my rules of no iPads during the week.
      Much love lady xxx

      Delete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!