Wednesday, April 2, 2014

92/365 • flowers and faith



It took me all day to get here.
The kettle boiled numerous times before it resulted in a cup of tea.
The air was getting chilly, and autumn afternoon shadows from the magnolias danced on the wall.

A friend today bought with her flowers and faith. 
They were both just what I needed.
What a blessing are friends who believe when you fail to.
When they see what you can't, and peel back layers of doubt.

And then here I'm put together in one piece*. Nourished, growing. Life flowing.
I stopped with the busy, hiding the empty, and just worked at getting full.
And it seems so simple but it's so hard. To find space, to get right here.
But it needs to become priority, or I walk around an empty shell, feeling the void and filling it mindlessly with things, and people, and approval, and more things.

What do you do to find space to breathe? 
When there are always little people vying for your attention and you are lucky to shower without interruption. 
My 6am alarm has been ineffective. ;)

xx

* Colossians 2:18-19 (MSG)

1 comment:

  1. It's so easy to forget to make time for ourselves isn't it? That much needed breathing space is something that I am learning to prioritise on a daily basis, even if for only 5 mins. I've learnt that unless I nurture myself and allow my soul to be filled I'm no good to anyone else.

    My creative mind has been spinning since I left yours 😊

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!