Tuesday, April 22, 2014

112/365 • tea with me | detox


I thought this tea quite apt for todays 'tea with me'.
After a weekend of detox from social media, and my iPhone in general.
Would you join me in having one of these? It is described as "a delicious and refreshing infusion with hibiscus, liquorice root, nettle and aloe vera". I won't lie when I tell you I bought it for the box as much as the name. Tea, the word detox, and pretty packaging - sold.*


If you were to tea with me today, I'd tell you that it's our Eden's 6th birthday this Saturday.

The girl who is as easy-to-please as she is highly strung. 
The one who is affectionate, and servant-hearted and demanding.
I'll tell you that we hunted for the perfect pair of roller-skates and I am so excited to see her surprise and glee when she opens them. She's been asking for skates since before Christmas. 


We'll probably chat about parenting, and how much we want to steer our babies in the right direction, and shape their gifting and abilities, and nurture their spirits. 

How as mothers we so often feel like we're not making a difference. 
But then I'd tell you that sometimes I get a glimpse of the goodness and see that we actually do reap what we sow into our little people. 
I see them speak kindly to others, use their manners in cafes without being reminded, or hang their bath towel after a shower and I exhale in relief. It's working.
Consistency, discipline, responsibility. We've been given the task of shaping the lives of these tiny humans so they grow up whole.
We can't protect them from life. Which is scary.
But we can be there to set the constant example of how to deal with life as it happens.


The parenting thing is hard. I don't think it will ever stop being hard, and I might never stop being tired, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather do.



If you lingered longer in my kitchen today, I'd boil the kettle again.

I'd tell you I'm excited about some things I've said yes to lately.
Excited about May, and Daniel finally finishing his studies, and a Bali holiday we've had booked since July last year in anticipation of him reaching his goal.
Excited that my hair is finally not a pixie cut.
Excited that our trip to Cambodia has made the local paper, and I'll get to read it on Friday.


What are you excited about? What are you looking forward to?

Sometimes that is all we need to keep going.
What are you reading? What are you making? What are you drinking? What are you cooking? 
Share a tea with me?
What's on your heart?
Link up your blogpost below, or hashtag #teawithteacupstoo on IG.


One week left of school holidays.

We are off to enjoy some autumn sunshine.

xx

* In no way sponsored by Clipper, just like to share the love.







You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 6 days, 11 hrs, 2 min (4/28/2014 11:59 PM Australia - Australian Western Standard Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!