Sunday, March 30, 2014

89/365 • happy 8th birthday


Dear Joel,

You requested lemon cake for your birthday, and you wanted to make sure it was a weekend filled with family.
It rained, and you were happy you saw all your grandparents, and all your uncles and all your cousins.
Tonight we sat and looked at photos of when you were born. 
Of who came to hold you and how excited we all were to finally meet the little person we'd been waiting for. 
You changed our lives with your cheekiness, and make it an adventure daily.

You are stubborn, and determined; intelligent and sweet.
You inhale breakfast, but pick at your dinner.
You still like me to run your showers because you can't do it as good as me. 
Lego is still your most favourite, and dad is your hero.
You love collared shirts, big waves and your little sisters.
You question everything, yet have gigantic faith.
You want to become a policeman when you grow up so you can have a car and a dog.

It was a whirlwind ride to becoming your mama.
I worry still, so often, that I'm not doing it right.
But you are so gracious, so forgiving, and so loving.
I don't think I've ever been loved by someone as fiercely as you love me. 
And the feeling is mutual.

Happy 8th birthday.

xx

2 comments:

  1. photos are gorgeous. what an awesome mama you are. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely! These are the only ones I took... too busy enjoying the moments.

      Delete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!