Sunday, March 9, 2014

68/365 • carrying hearts

I carry your heart with me
(I carry it in my heart)
i am never without it (anywhere
 i go you go, my dear

Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you; 
For wherever you go, I will go
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
Where you die, I will die,
And there will I be buried.
If anything but death parts you and me*

xx

* a culmination of e.e cummings and the book of ruth. 
I read this today at my brother's and now-sister's wedding.
It is going to be an amazing marriage, and I am beyond happy

2 comments:

  1. That ee cummings poem is and has always been my ode to my baby, lost 12 months ago to the very date you posted it here!! The fact that you posted it, aside from absolutely astounding, feels like a gift to ME, though I really know it was for your beautiful family members. Sunday was my remembering day, my cherishing day - and sitting in church for most of the morning was my time of finally letting go, and letting God. Thank you Em. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you received my email lovely lady. xxx

      Delete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!