Friday, March 7, 2014

66/365 • let me not defer



One, two, three... exhale.
It's the weekend.

My thought for today came from a Facebook post by Kin women.
This quote: 

I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

I saw it after I had the following conversation (which took .25 seconds in my mind) with myself:

You've just thought of her, you should text her and say so.
Oh no she's busy. I don't need to. She probably has a zillion people texting.
I don't want to bother her. She's probably working. 

I ignored the milliseconds of reasoning and typed a text anyway.
The immediate reply preluded a quick text conversation, and a morning tea date for next week. Easy, right?!

But I am not often an initiator. I'm a wishful thinker. A hoper. 
I've let the habit of shyness remain, even though maybe I'm not even that shy anymore.
I still wait and hope I'll get invited, and hope that people will think me worth a text hello, and a get-to-know.
But by always being the waiter, the hoper, I rob others of the smile that a happy, thinking-of-you-you-are-important-and-appreciated texts or phone calls that I love to receive.

All part of being brave.
Love people, and I guarantee they'll love you back.

xx

*Stephen Grellet


2 comments:

  1. Love this! I totally get how you feel. Thanks for inspiring me to step out more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this too! Sounds an awful lot like me :-) sometimes it's hard to put yourself out there, but it always ends up being worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!