Friday, February 28, 2014

59/365 • confessions of a cheeseburger addict


Confession.
Yesterday I had McDonalds for lunch.
I had determined to myself towards the end of last year that my relationship with cheeseburgers was going to end. And end it did, for over 60 days.

My healthy aspirations began their slow decline when I reached Kuala Lumpur two weeks ago. Airport food, especially low cost Malaysian airport food, doesn't cater for those of us not eating refined sugar, or bread. Goodbye healthy eating for two weeks.
I ran only once in Phnom Penh. I had great intentions, but the travellers tummy I had for the remainder of the trip prevented any form of exercise. 
The seeds of two weeks worth of unhealthy eating sprouted yesterday as the golden arches beckoned. 

I'm telling myself I don't need a new year to start over. 
Reminding myself that each day is a new one, with the opportunity to choose differently.

FACT 1: It's okay to indulge now and again. Birthday cake, treat nights, convenience meals at busy times. Don't make it habit.

FACT 2: I am being dragged to the gym this morning. Texts from a friend in the early hours, encouraging me to eat a healthy breakfast and take my husband's pre-workout.
We are more likely to stay steadfast when we surround ourselves with likeminded people. 

Cheers to new days, new beginnings, holistic health, and friends to do the journey with!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!