Friday, February 14, 2014

45/365 • light of Truth

The thing about going away is that it doesn't matter how far away you go, you are still right there with you.
I can't escape myself. I am always here, along with the heart I carry wherever I go.
And if, in that heart of mine, there is any darkness, that too comes along for the ride.
 
I have been asked to share with a group of university students and interns next week in Phnom Penh about emotional healing.
I know the only time I have been able to escape darkness, is by allowing the Light in.
It is a scary thing confronting what hides there in those recesses. Admitting they are there.
My own imperfection, my own sinfulness, my pride.
Being real and raw and honest with Him who knows it all anyway.
Until I bring it out, and leave it there, the healing can't take place.
 
The pain of conscience and allowing the light to penetrate the darkness, and resisting the temptation to run from the exposing light; is dull compared with the growing pain of hurt we let grow in the darkness.
 

"We have renounced secret and shameful ways... For God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts..." *

I daily renounce those ways, and allow the light of Truth to shine there and set me free.

xx

* 2 Cor 4:2,6

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!