Wednesday, January 8, 2014

8/365 • anchored (also, me)


Hey you. The one with the flailing soul.
Do you know hope anchors it?
This Hope that reaches farther and enters deeper.
You are always forgetting; thinking that your mere flesh and bones and ageing skin and human heart can pick you up. 
You soldier on, proud, until that flesh fails you, and heart deceives you.
But it's okay. Stop floundering about, just anchor up*
Firm and secure. **


xx



* Hebrews 6:19 [amp], "[Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it—a hope] that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence]



** I'm talking to myself y'know.

2 comments:

  1. Just what my soul needed to hear :-) oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress (what a gorgeous colour), beautiful you, beautiful words - oh and I love my navy salties. Tan ones on my wishlist for this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!