Saturday, January 4, 2014

4/365 • covered in feathers



Not everything goes to plan. 
And while I was having a tantrum last night over my very shallow problems, a friend of mine was grieving a very real loss.
A trusting-in-God friend, a holding-on-to-Hope friend.
I don't have answers to all the whys of the world, 
and to be honest I think I've stopped asking them.
The loss I've experienced in my almost-30-years is minimal. 
So I hide here and stomp feet and fume at the unfairness of it all and ache for aching friends, and pray He covers them with those feathery, sheltering wings.
"He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him". 

"The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. 
I will protect those who trust in my name. 
When they call on me, I will answer; 
I will be with them in trouble. 
I will rescue and honour them. 
I will reward them with a long life 
and give them my salvation."
-Psalm 91

xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful words of hope and loss. Thinking of you and your friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will always be someone experiencing more heartache than you. Always. It doesn't mean your problems aren't important to you in the moment. Problems can be big and small. They are matter but what matters most that we are hopeful and look for ways to find solutions instead of being stuck. I think you sound like a lovely friend. Just recognising that there are others suffering makes me think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will always be someone experiencing greater heartache than you. Always. It doesn't mean that your problems aren't important to you in the moment. Problems are big and small. What matters most is that we are hopeful and that we find solutions. I think you sound like a lovely friend. Just knowing there are others suffering makes me think so.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!