Thursday, January 30, 2014

30/365 • school prep, and grace-flooded days



The school class lists will be up on the office windows tomorrow.
We will wander down and excitedly check lists, discover who their teachers will be, and search for familiar names of other classmates, and friends.
The smalls have chosen their school bags, and shoes. Lunch boxes are ready to be filled, stationery ready to be labled.
I am looking forward to the return of the ebbs and flows of our school days.

I pray over their year regularly.
Thankful for great teachers, good friends, and a settled beginning.
I refuse to give over to worry, or be anxious. [Its a hard thing for a mamas heart to let go, sometimes]
I trust that He takes care of my most precious possessions, and loves them even more than I.

"The only things we can keep are the things we freely give to God.  What we try to keep for ourselves is just what we are sure to lose."*
I am thankful for His grace that floods our days.


Tomorrow marks our last official day of school holidays.
Pancakes for breakfast are in order.

xx

*CS Lewis. Again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!