Sunday, January 26, 2014

26/365 • I am, you are


Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
We'll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To Advance Australia Fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.

The second verse to our national anthem.

I love this sunburnt country.
I love that we dwell under the Southern Cross, beside beaches and amazing forest.
I love that some of my best friends are Irish and English and South African and Maori.

There is so much we as a country could do better. 
But I'll start with teaching my kids that there is no 'them' and 'us' in any circumstance.
And be thankful that God's grace reaches us all.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!