Friday, January 24, 2014

24/365 • she is content

 
This one, my second born.
So often we frustrate each other. So often she is missed in the chaos that can be older brothers, and little sisters.
But I have been slowing down. And finding that if I respond to her neediness, she is content.
 
We had an hour tonight together, and hand in hand we walked through the city.
I watched her chat and wander and laugh, her eyes light up, saw a bounce in her step.
As she grows I know she and I will need this time together more.

"Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big. Because to them it has always been big stuff." - Catherine M. Wallace
 
Sometimes it's so hard to listen. The noise around me, the noise within, all vying for my attention.
But when I look at that face, and feel that hand in mine, I know that the time invested in her, in all of them, is never wasted.
 
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!