Thursday, January 23, 2014

23/365 • the plans of the mind

 
"The plans of the mind and orderly thinking belong to man, but from the Lord comes the [wise] answer of the tongue.
All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirits (the thoughts and intents of the heart). Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed." (Proverbs 16, AMP)
My plans. My mere mortal plans in my very human heart, He is gracious enough to let me have. They belong to me. He lets me do my planning and dreaming, but he is ready to correct it, have the last word, provide the wisdom that I so often lack.
He knows my [often-filled-with-less-than-lovely] heart yet when I set it towards Him, lay my day out, roll it over to him, my heart changes and my thoughts become His thoughts.
And those plans? Successful. Because it's me infused with Him and it works and it filters the yuk and it gives me courage, and the day works. And even when it doesn't I can laugh at naughty three-year-olds because they are cute and I have patience.
xx
 
Ps! I wrote all your names on itty bitty pieces of paper, all you who commented on my dream catcher post. And I pulled out a name! ALLISON! I have early risers too, and 5 hours sleep is NOT enough lady! Please get in touch with me so I can get your details and send you your dream catcher! Thank you to all you lovelies who left comments, I wish I could send you all something special xxx

1 comment:

  1. oh hooray for me!!!....almost makes the 5 hours sleep worth it....we rose at 3am this morning!!!....its going to be a long long day. a day more bearable thanks to your "very human heart".... my email is allyniccy@msn.com
    thanks so much Em
    Al x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!