Tuesday, January 21, 2014

21/365 • the noise is the dream!

 
One of the things I always imagined for life in motherhood was a noisy, fun, always-something-happening household. Where dinner time was a rowdy kitchen full of clinking plates and laughter, lots of food and lots of jokes.
Tonight I was reminded of that teenage-me hope, and I looked around at those three little faces, and the one of their daddy who was joking with them as they were eating and laughing about the most inappropriate table talk (of bodily noises of course!), and felt so grateful!
So often I can feel irked at the too-much-noise and the too-much-mess, and wish for quieter days, but tonight I prayed there at the kitchen sink oh God, I take those wishes back. I am living the dream!
xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!