Sunday, January 19, 2014

19/365 • seen, heard, and valued


Daniel loves to fish.
I love when he is successful.
I am getting more brave about opening our home to others.
So brave in fact, that I was too busy enjoying time with our guests to take any photos of our fishy feast!

I believe we were created for connection. I do life better with others around me.
Genuine, real, human to human connection. Relationships we can draw on for sustenance and strength.*
Matthew 5:16 says "Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand - shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."

I love 'be generous with your lives'. I have a constant reminder playing in my mind to 'live open'. When I feel like I'm closing off, or would rather say no, or lack the courage to reach out, the small voice inside whispers, 'live open, live open'.

There is so much freedom that is brought by living in connection with others.
We start to feel valued and real. Appreciated, and affirmed, and acknowledged.

Yes I love it here, I love Facebook connections, and Instagram friendships. 
But there is just something special about gathering together with others. 
An open home, open life, shared over a simple meal.
'Be generous with your lives'

xx

I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship. - Brene Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!