Friday, January 10, 2014

10/365 • bread enough


"Then the Lord said to Moses, “Look, I’m going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day"*

"Give us this day our daily bread"**

I haven't worried too much about what to write daily.

I usually scribble a fleeting scrap of inspiration down on paper during the day, when it strikes, and ponder and chew on it until I have a spare 5 minutes to sit and type something quickly.
Enough quiet to thread the snippets of thought into something cohesive. 
This morning was the first time I'd felt doubt about being inspired.
We were off to the beach, again. It was going to be a lovely, but very ordinary day. 
As I shook off the doubt and turned my heart heavenward I heard the whisper.
"Enough for each day"
Daily bread. 
I don't need to worry about tomorrow's inspiration. 
Or try to hold onto todays, to make fresh for tomorrow.
I just need to trust. As his mercies are new each morning, so will his Word be.
So will His breath be.
So will I be.

He doesn't give us now what we need for tomorrow.
He gives it tomorrow.
He provides what we need when we need it.
Never hungry, never thirsty.
Not lacking.

xx

* Exodus 16
** Matthew 6:9-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!