Thursday, December 5, 2013

be brave - new year hopes


What does 2014 look like for you? Have you thought about it?
I have. I have always loved a new year. The same way I love the emptiness of a new journal - with blank pages to fill creatively. To splash colour on. To scribble inspiration in.

I feel like my 29th birthday was a bit of a turning point. 
I started to dream on purpose, and push myself in those dreams.
I think it was the wake-up call that whispered, "This is it, life is now" into my heart.
The air I breathed that day was infused with hope, but also purpose.

There are still so many things I don't know the answers to. I don't know exactly what these dreams look like. I'm still exploring possibilities in my mind of what I could possibly accomplish in the coming year. 
There is a pressing on, a leaving behind, a straining forward*

But I know that the one thing I have always lacked is discipline. Self-control. Control of self.
The banner over my life in the coming year will be discipline. 
I'm determined to work hard.* 
Not sit back, or sit out, or let opportunities pass me by, or let fear rob me of the absolute best I could have for my life.

How many opportunities did we let pass by this year? What mistakes did we make?
Lets learn from them, and press on.
Those around you need what you have. You need to be brave.

xx

* Philippians 3:13-14 (AMP)
* I'm still exercising. I'm becoming a doer. I've been running. I could almost maybe a teeny tiny little bit say that I'm becoming *gasp!* a runner!


3 comments:

  1. that's a biggie for me too lately. to have more self discipline and to be more balanced. praying we both have a fruitful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the same page, you and I. I have been learning a huge lesson where discipline is concerned these last months, it's been so hard at times but I am slowly starting to see the fruits of my labour/obedience. So excited to see what the new year has in store for the both of us and thankful to have friends like you in my life to inspire and encourage me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!