Saturday, November 23, 2013

green smoothies, felt balls and bravery - my week


My thirtieth year began last month.
I've stuck to a bit of a fitness regime (and thankful for the added energy I have, and the motivation I have to eat healthy, too). I've been throwing a bunch of ingredients into my (super fancy) blender and loving drinking a glass of goodness each day.
And a little bit of other yummy goodness with my cup of tea now and then - so good!

I've also stuck to some (also not-written-down-in-case-I-fail) goals.

I'm getting braver in saying yes to opportunities to make new friends, and beginning to live a little more openly. I'm reminded of the verse in 2 Corinthians 6, "I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!"
Wow, right?! Live openly.
I've been living closed for a long time.
Closed off to any hopes of achieving dreams, closed off to new friendships, or living my life in this open way. Living small.
Not this year. 
And maybe I'll start writing down these goals and hopes, and maybe I won't fail.

And this week, the weather has been warm, and sunshiny. 
We washed off our Friday in the silky smooth sea. I haven't submerged myself in saltwater in weeks, and the setting sun on our faces and watching my three jump the waves and roll on the sand was just what I needed (while the Mr flicked lures and hoped for whiting).
I've been in the garden a little bit, potting succulents, and crafting bits and pieces for an Advent swap with a few lovelies. 
The smalls and I made a felt ball garland for the living room. We cannot wait to get our Christmas tree, but this is festive enough for now.
We had another of our girls dinners, and I made an amazing watermelon granita with coconut liqueur and lime, stay tuned for a recipe!
My Indiecat is at the vet, her wound not yet healed. I am missing her purring and seeing her curled up in obscure places. 
Daniel played cricket today (cricket widows, unite!) so the smalls and I painted, and I bribed them with ice-creams to clean their rooms.
Now they sleep there, with floor exposed, and clean, and toys away, and I can breathe and sit here with a tea.

The perfect end to a crazy week. I hope yours has been lovely.

A new one begins tomorrow. Lets live expansively!

xx

PS - Have you joined me over on Facebook, yet? Social media can be a trap, but it can also be amazing at building community, and inspiring each other. I'm hoping that's what I'll be helping us do over there. I'd love you to come and say hi!

1 comment:

  1. Hasn't the week flown by? Can't believe it's Sunday already. Looks like you've had a wonderful week - love those felt balls. I'm into making garlands at the moment too. It's fun isn't it? What do you mainly put in your smoothy? Happy Sunday evening, Em xx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!