Friday, October 25, 2013

slowing down, simple


There's something about being busy that's thrilling. 
Collapsing into bed after a long day, the organisation that is demanded, and the challenge of, "How much of this can I actually pull off?!"
And the more I do, and fill my days, the more I seem to accomplish. 
There's just no time for procrastinating. 

The last few days though, I've pulled the reins a little. 
We had our first real taste of summer yesterday, and a promise to the kids for the beach after school found me taking a breather with them by the sea.
No lists, no hurrying from one thing to the next.

Today I helped at school, walked home, baked a cake and hung washing on the line in the spring sunshine.
As much as I love the thrill of the race, and hitting the ground running each morning, I love the simple delights an ordinary day at home can bring.

I think it's important to remind ourselves to take a breather, especially at this time of year, as the silly season approaches.

I hope you had a chance to sneak in a culpa today. Happy Friday lovelies!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I stick to 'slow and simple' most of the time these days... I'm a much better mum and wife when I do so :) You're so true though in saying that with the lead-up to Christmas, it's even more important to take time out to do so. Wishing you a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree- there is something very beneficial to our bodies, when we stop, and breathe. Happy summer to you! We're just getting into the Fall here!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!