Wednesday, September 18, 2013

eight years, and eight surprises


We celebrated our anniversary yesterday. 
Eight years on and our marriage still continues to surprise me.

I'm surprised that my feelings for him haven't changed, nor have his for me.
I'm surprised that the things we've been through together haven't broken us, they've only served to make us more determined, and more committed.
I'm even surprised that sex gets even better the longer we're together (too much information?!)
I'm surprised when he knows me well enough to see a moody cloud over my head, even if I think I'm doing a good job at hiding it.
I'm surprised when he appreciates the little things; made beds, cooked dinners, new clothes.
It has surprised me that, although we are so different, we continue to head in the same direction.
It surprises me that he still enjoys my cooking, even the tuna mornay I've been making every couple of weeks for the past eight years!
It surprises me that our excitement over a night in with a dvd and tea and chocolate hasn't diminished - we still prefer each other's company over anyone else's!

Blessed beyond measure.

You can read my thoughts about our sixth and seventh anniversaries here.

xx



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 8th Anniversary...I loved reading all of your 8 surprises...gorgeous...and all the best for all the years ahead too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary....it is a beautiful thing when something / love gets better with age xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a night in with a movie and each others company is a favourite here too.
    congratulations on 8 years of love. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both! How lovely to hear such a beautiful tribute to eight years of marriage Just lovely:) x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!