Saturday, August 31, 2013

winters end


The light has started changing the last week or two.
Shadows are cast in different places, and sun sneaks in early, peeks in where it hasn't been in a while. 
Although there has still been rain, it's warming up.
A week ago, I wasn't ready for winter to end, but I can feel spring in the air and it's exciting. 

There's always spring cleaning, at the beginning of each new season. 
De-cluttering, and redecorating. Spring is the perfect time to embrace the outdoors, and bring it inside. Golden wattles are blooming, and yellow is everywhere. 

I'm saying a slow farewell to warm socks, and hot teas, although nights will still be crisp for a while yet. Woollens are being replaced with layers of lighter cotton, and windows are wide open earlier in the morning, and left that way until later. 

I'm praying a spring season in my heart too, as new dreams take root, and I seek the courage to pursue them. De-cluttering the mess, and making sure the wrong roots don't take hold.
Refusing winter's gloomy grasp in those areas of my heart takes conscious effort, as I refuse to own others' burdens, and take my own to the Lord.

Spring blooms everywhere, and perhaps I might just go out on a limb.
That's where the fruit is, right?

Praying sunshine into your heart, no matter the season.

xx



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to start my day.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Spring! Such a beautiful, reflective post. I'm looking forward to a few more weeks of coolness, (hot teas and socks!) but we've already got the summer dresses out and I'm thinking we're off to a sunshiney beach today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty excited for Spring if I do say so myself.

    I love your pictures as well. They bring such happiness. :)

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!