Saturday, August 3, 2013

raw lemon and coconut truffles


The little people in my house love have always loved helping in the kitchen. 
From a young age they learn to push stools and climb swiftly so they can see.*
It is always messy, and always takes a hundred and fifty times longer. 
But now they are getting bigger they can be assigned things to do to help.
Joel loves being entrusted with a semi-sharp knife and slicing celery or capsicum, Eden loves being allowed to stir things in pots.
Today, Amie's job was to sprinkle the coconut and coat the truffles.
She was an expert. 

You can find the amazing recipe here at the gorgeous Petite Kitchen blog. 
They are delicious.

xx

* touch, lick, taste

8 comments:

  1. This recipe looks amazing - and such a good one for little ones to help with. My baby girl has a birthday soon, and I think this might just be on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I like the sound of those truffles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Yum! Love these photos em!! Cooking with kids is grand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these a while back and they were delicious. I love that they use honey rather than sugar for that sweet treat. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! These look amazing and will definitely go straight onto my 'Must Make' list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Love cooking with my little one. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just see the time you spend showing your kids how to cook paying off in spades, they just love it too!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!