Thursday, August 8, 2013

my creative space - geometric patchwork cushion


Something within me yearns to create.
Too many months away from the sewing machine, and a desperate need for not only some throw cushions, but for something, anything new, saw me knock this beauty off in a day.

Armed with cutting mat and pile of fabrics, I visited a friend and we drank tea, and I cut squares, and then cut squares in half.

That night was excitedly spent sewing triangles together until I had enough squares for a nice sized throw cushion.
I sewed rows of squares, and then rows together, and a geometric array of colours emerged that I cannot stop staring at. 

Ahh. I can go back to studying now, the creative urge has subsided.

What have you been making? Do you get time to sew? 

How good does creating something that won't get undone feel! (unlike the laundry, or the kitchen, or the lego boxes, or the play kitchen)*


xx


* It will not get undone as such, but will undoubtedly get thrown on the floor. No cushion in this household ever stays where it belongs. Sigh.

PS - Don't forget you can link up a blog post to "Tea With Me" any time in the next 6 days!

6 comments:

  1. That is a great cushion, so bright and happy.
    They get tossed on the floor here too...so glad it's not just at my place.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love your cushion!! So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cushion. I'm sewing a dress at the mo - complete beginner but enjoying getting creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply outstanding.
    Its really seems a very tough task to sew the little triangle to each other and cover them in a large floor cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so you are an absolute Sewing diva!!! That cushion is gorgeous!! Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you to participate in the Liebster Award over on my blog. It's about sharing a little more about you with us all. You can check it out on my blog here to see if you would like to participate (no pressure at all). As always I adore your blog - beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is gorgeous Em! Love the colours.

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!