Saturday, May 18, 2013

little by little



I stitched these for beautiful Dee as a little crafty swap. I'll show you the gorgeous doll she sent me in return, the lady has talent!

I have an essay due soon, that I am finding ridiculously difficult. 
My mantra the past week, has been "She is determined. She is determined"
I am focusing on the grace I know He has given me for this time.
And I've needed it.
Keeping on top of washing, and cleaning, and the never ending dinner menu, I have all but thrown my hands up in the air this week and cried, 
"What was I thinking?! I can't do this!"

I have come to the edge of my own "can do" and quitting seems like such an easy, safe option. 
But I determined in my heart when I started this course that I would persevere. Little by little, gradually.
It's the little by little that works.
It's the little by little in the paying off debt, that gets us to financial freedom.
It's the little by little helping the seven year old with the spelling that he is struggling with, that gets him confidently spelling those words he struggled with last week.
It's the little by little each day that we keep doing, and keep doing, and keep doing... that actually sees results.

Even when the little by little seems like such a stretch!

I'm in the stretch with my little, right now.
I feel like I am never going to get the words of this essay down on this page the way I want them. Ideas are refusing to make themselves into structured arguments and I am so at a loss!
But, little by little, I will get there.

Set goal.
Work hard.
Reach goal.

And then I can blog. Properly.
Because I have much to tell you (and show you!)
My niece was born this week. Baby Evie. So cute!
Kristy is home now, and recovering - thank you so much for praying!
I attended The Nursery here in Perth today. Amazing.
I cut off all my hair. And I mean aaaallllllll my hair! [So b r a v e]
And I am going on a trip to Bali at the end of this month, for a bestie's 30th birthday. Excited.

But first, the essay.
I'll be absent here 'till it's done.

Bye for now

xx

5 comments:

  1. One bite at a time! See you when you get done. I became a Grandma today so I'm excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going, you can do it. Well done for all your effort so far not easy to study whole kids are small xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to hear about The Nursery!!
    Also, THANK YOU. It makes me so happy to have some of YOU in my home
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So looking forward to hearing about your experience at The Nursery - it almost literally changed my life when I went last year - I still think about it often and feel like it happened yesterday!

    I love your needlework too - what a beautiful gift xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd love to know how to stitch, can you point me in the right direction? x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!