Tuesday, January 29, 2013

tea with me



If you were to tea with me right now, you'd see the bench with jars and cannisters left from a late night baking session (which happened to be my weet-bix slice, with block of Cadbury chocolate melted over, in place of the regular icing... so naughty).
There is only one kitchen light on, the rest of the house dark; the husband retired to bed, scolding me for my late computer antics on his way). I sit here at the messy floury bench, with words inside, wanting to bubble over. A 'tea with me' post the perfect excuse for a higgeldy piggeldy mish mash of thoughts, which I will no doubt regret when my eyes open.

It's nearing the end of the month, and I'm checking those resolutions I shared, and also the ones I didn't. 
I've been wiser with my time: how I'm using it, and who I'm spending it with.
I've finished a Bible-reading plan and begun a new one. 
I've kept my attitude in check, and humbled myself when I found it getting twisted.
I've prayed rather than worried, payed bills rather than bury my head in the sand, and played with my kids rather than prioritise housework.
I've appreciated. Appreciated the morning I spent with two beautiful friends, and appreciated the impromptu visit from another.

No, I've not been perfect. Yes I've almost lost my s*&%** at my two year old numerous times.
And actually lost it at my 6 year old at least once.
BUT I'm thankful for renewed mercies daily.
For beautiful weather, and memory making.

For scripture like this, that puts my heart at rest:

God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
    his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.
    How great your faithfulness!
I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over).
    He’s all I’ve got left.
God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
    to the woman who diligently seeks.
It’s a good thing to quietly hope,
    quietly hope for help from God.
It’s a good thing when you’re young
    to stick it out through the hard times

{Lamentations 3:22-26 MSG}

If you were to tea with me, you'd hear all this.
And eat some amazing orange and cranberry scones, and drink some French Earl Grey (because until yesterday, I still hadn't got any teabags)

And if you're a blogger, I'd ask if you'd ever be interested in linking up for regular 'tea with me' posts... 
well, would you? Because I'm thinking of starting a weekly/fortnightly linky, and I'd love for you to come to the party morning/afternoon tea! I want to know what it would be like to tea with YOU.

xx


7 comments:

  1. EMMMMM!!!!
    I love having tea with you.
    I would most certainly love to link up too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello em! i found your blog through instagram, and have loved reading your thoughts through your posts, and also seeing your lovely photography! thanks for sharing!
    God bless! abbie (from @abbie_melle)

    {and though i haven't my own home, but living still with my family, i would be interested also in the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fairly new to your blog & have enjoyed your blog posts. I'd love to have tea linkup too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea with you the other morning was just perfect...made all the more special by my surprise :)
    I really am loving this new chapter of your life's journey..I see beautiful things in store for you lovely and am inspired to be content with the here and now.
    A tea with me linky has me excited!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the idea of a tea linky party:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello she of beautiful thoughts. I was just looking about in blog world for a fun linky to keep me joyful while my 'cottage-reno' blog post is delayed due to floors being 'unfit for walking on', was about to jump on a 'things i'm loving link'.... but tea with me/you sounds far more fun! Ill look forward to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lot of fun Em! I would love to discuss God stuff with you and drink tea...sometimes coffee...and try your weetbix slice. I have a fab orange weetbix slice recipe I could share with you too!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!