Wednesday, November 21, 2012

done and dusted


Yes, I did sit my exam today, and yes, I did come home and celebrate with ice-cream smothered in home made salted caramel sauce.

I set myself a goal this semester to complete a unit at University.
Just one unit. Doesn't seem much, does it?
I thought it would be ridiculously difficult. I worried I wouldn't cope!
Yet it was surprisingly breezy, and just enough to keep me engaged, but not overwhelmed.

I am not normally the "setting goals and reaching them" kind of person.

I am the "dreaming about it, thinking about it, wishing and willing it to happen" kind of person.
Most of the time.

Today, I proved to myself that I can stick to the goal.
Proved to myself that the goal I have is enough;
Enough motivation to do the hard work, and set my sights on the prize.

Juggling motherhood with this study business has not been easy.

But today, I am patting myself on the back, enjoying ice-cream with my peeps, and thanking God for a couple of months break.

Yay me!

xx

11 comments:

  1. well done! Yummy reward too. What are you studying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good my lovely lady!!! And next year it's going to be even better <3 You deserve adorable cheese burger (minus the sand)!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable WT! That was meant to say double

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you!!!!
    The reward sounds yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great achievement....enjoy the summer break from study....xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I'm planning to start a diploma study next year. Your post is encouraging! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! My son has just completed his first year at uni. I don't think he ever thought that would happen either. Every step counts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you! It is a great feeling when we achieve our goals. Enjoy your well earned break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! You definitely deserve the salted caramel treat! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of you lovely and what a way to celebrate...your salted caramel is divine!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done to you. I am doing my accountancy exams, home study on top of a full time job, so I feel your pain! Keep going, it will all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!