Friday, May 11, 2012

oh autumn




Oh Autumn, you woo me with your smells!
Herbs, damp with recent rain;
rosemary, basil, thyme, tarragon
Fresh fruit, the smell of mandarines reminiscent of winter,
and pots full and bubbling with soup!
Fresh bread, and fresh laundry (lets not mention the extra pileup of socks!),
and the smell of rain.

I am in love.

"Creation and creatures applaud you, God;
your holy people bless you.
They talk about the glories of your rule,
they exclaim over your splendor"
{Psalm 145:10-11 MSG}

xx


3 comments:

  1. I missed the smell of mandarins too. I'm making the most of them being in season now.
    Your herb bed is looking so healthy too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are meant to be in summer here in the uk but it is so damp and dreary (all the bad parts of autumn with no good parts!) your post has lifted me out of my horrible weather feeling! Thank you so much xxxx Also I absolutely adore your why page and would love to link to it in a post (totally credited and linked to you) Please let me know if that would be ok - you have just summed up my thoughts exactly! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. helloooo!!
    blog-stalking from instagram...so keen to see more of your heart and home in this space too :)

    ~dee.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!