Thursday, May 3, 2012

{tea with me}

If you were to tea with me today, it would have to be at my place.
I've been car-less for a week [one died, husband needs the other].

I would be so grateful to have you, I have been driven a little stir-crazy, stuck here at home!
I would make a batch of Donna Hay's honey drop biscuits, or our favourite cinnamon scrolls.
I would ask you whether you would like my regular Twinings English Breakfast, or some T2 French Earl Grey... or a Milo. I'm quite partial to a warm Milo these crisp Autumn days!

Our children would play - they'd eat their scrolls at the little table and chairs out in the sunshine.
And we could sit at the bench in the kitchen and chat.

I would probably tell you how exhausted I am.
And how, Husband, for the last 5 months-ish has been working two jobs.
An all-day job, then home for a shower and a cuppa [if we're lucky] and then off to his afternoon/night job.
Which means not a lot of family time [quality not quantity I suppose] or a lot of time for anything else.
And it means the witching hour alone. No good-looking dishwashing helper, [lazy] dinners without daddy, and the bath, teeth, bed routine for three kids on my own. Every night.
And then, being mostly home-bound with no car...

This verse would come to mind, and I would catch myself mid-whinge.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. {Ephesians 4:29}
And I would tell you that really, I am so grateful.
It's do-able. School is an easy bike-ride away.
As is the post office, and small grocery store for the essentials.
That it's actually quite lovely riding in this autumn weather, and Baby A loves to sit in her seat on the back of my bike!

And that actually, it's nice to spend long days at home;
that my house is cleaner and I've been spending more time in the kitchen.

I'll tell you how blessed I am - and that it's not circumstantial in the least, it's definitely a heart-thing.
I'm learning to count blessings, and see the goodness in what seems like not-so-good circumstance.
And we would chat, and laugh, and watch the kids play outside...

It would be lovely to tea with you, you should stop by sometime!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh my beautiful Em,

    I have so been there.
    I would love to be sitting having that warm milo with you.

    much love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to pop over & enjoy some yummi tea & treats. I needed to read that verse today. Thank you. Hope you get to put your feet up sometime after all the hard work you are doing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you having been there lots.
    I'll happily have tea any time!
    When Abbie is over her fever that is. Going a little stir crazy here too...

    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of did - and I loved every minute of it :-) lets do it again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds tough, Em. I struggle on my own with just Delilah when Matt is working days then night shifts. I certainly do go a little crazy too with the witching hour and bed bath routine! You are doing a fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lovely!! And challenging. And a little lonely for you without much hubby time and relief, and oh the cabin fever! But it still sounds lovely, the cup of tea and chat that is, about real stuff. Glad you have more time at home for posts like these. Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!