Monday, April 9, 2012

Sun Stand Still & autumn days
















Easter Sunday has been and gone, and I feel like an autumn warmth has settled in my soul.

Thankful all three kidlets are back to health, that they are breathing, that I am their mother... yes it's another one of those reflective, awakened days when real hope is alive, and real faith is remembered.

I have switched off from Instagram for a while and I actually feel a little more alive, more present in the moment. Not having my face buried in my iPhone is rather liberating. And even when I feel the urge to stare longingly over all those delicious places, and spaces, and clothes and pretties that Instagram is full of, I can't, I've deleted the app from my phone.

And spent time being present; and burying my head in more substantial areas (my first book read on an iPad - I've realised I'm an old fashioned girl at heart, give me good old paper any day!).

The autumn sunshine is delicious today, and the kids have followed suit and dragged their bedding out to the lawn and are lazily eating apples.

Hello school holidays.
Hello bright outlook.
Hello me.

I encourage you to switch off from whatever is keeping you from really living...
I hope your autumn days are lovely, too!

xx

7 comments:

  1. Love Sun Stand Still and loved my time without Instagram :-) you will be so blessed!!!!! Expect amazing- ness :-) God will honor you. If it means a lot to you and you give it up, it will mean so much to God!! Bless you Emma :-) will miss your inspiration but am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be nice to swap inspiration in real life! :)

      Delete
  2. I think unplugging every once in a while is so needed. It's something that has been on my heart for a while that needs to be put into action.
    Enjoy living in the here and now lovely :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wisdom in such simple words and actions.
    Thinking its about time for a season of unplugged. Time for some living in the moment.
    Thanks for your continued inspiration Em.
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, it's refreshing! The whole "comparison is the thief of joy" can be so true, and unplugging definitely helps in that area too. And living in the moment is just so good! xx

      Delete
  4. i am going to miss your lovely pics on instagram and i am sad you have switched off, but i understand your reasons and agree with chel_lee, you will be blessed. enjoy living in the now, life flies by so quickly especially when there are little children around. before you know it they are all grown up

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!