Saturday, April 28, 2012

{four}

I am a little bit lost for words about this post. 
The cliché's run through the head first, of course, "Oh time flies, I can't believe she is four already!" which really, is just an easy way to say all those things I can't seem to.

This perfect child I thought and planned,
and secretly hoped would be a little girl.
Not because I needed a little girl.
But because I didn't know how I could possibly love another child as much as I loved my first - was there room in this heart of mine for another? I wondered.

I needn't have.

From the moment I first held her, I haven't been able to get enough.
Sometimes I stare so long at her it makes her self-conscious, and she giggles.
Sometimes I can't take my hands away from her cheeks - those cheeks!
And she swats my hands away from the constant twirling of her curls.

So, of course, on her birthday, I enjoyed it all.
Breathed her in.

Decided to be grateful that she still sneaks into our bed in the wee hours, and curls up between us.
Grateful for her endless chatter and hearing,
"Mum? Mum? MUM!!!"

And grateful for her very definite sense of style
[and stifle a laugh when she declared obstinately, "I 'ate this dress and I am never going to wear it!"] 

Because she is perfect, and I am so thankful.






Happy birthday beautiful girl!

xx








7 comments:

  1. What a great photo of her! Happy Birthday Miss E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she is superb! look at those gorgeous cheeks. a beautiful post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your girlie, so lovely to read this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweeet!! Love that pink cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all the pink deliciousness!! happy four years to your little one! {thanks for stopping by my blog & enjoy melbourne!} x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pics but especially the last one of that cute face!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!