Wednesday, March 21, 2012

mt everest and pride.




You may know I really love a good resolution.
And that I think any time of the year is a grand time for resolving.

You may NOT know that I am terrible with paperwork.
Our stash of mail, and bills, and forms and to-do seems as enormous as Mt Everest.

I am not blowing my own horn when I tell you that I am very good at;
keeping up with the laundry pile, making the beds, and keeping my kitchen clean and tidy
I am even great at sweeping and vacuuming, and pottering, and making things look pretty;
some fresh flowers here, a doily or two there...
appearance stuff.
because I like being at home, and seeing pretty things
they really do make my heart happy
as I go about my day to day tasks
{aka running around looking after three kidlets and remembering things like home readers and drink bottles, and dummies and nappies}

I am not good at filing bank statements,
or paying bills on time
or replying to emails about tax

I would much rather bury my head in the sand;
or in a cupboard full of fabric, as it were.

however


as I resolved today to change this.
and I placed my laptop on a pretty vintage square of fabric
(I really was trying to make the thought more appealing!)
I heard that Whisper;

and I heard that, the same way my house can look beautifully clean and tidy
[not always, mind you!]
despite the crazy mountain of paperwork;
i also can present a perfect exterior
[also, not always!]
despite the things that lay hidden in my heart

but when we expose these things
admit them
they loose their power

I admitted my pride to a friend yesterday
and immediately, I felt like the pride was gone
the light must have blinded it, and sent it running scared!

I love the way the Amplified Bible words Ephesians 5:13-15, which came to mind ::


"But when anything is exposed and reproved by the light, it is made visible and clear; and where everything is visible and clear there is light.
Therefore He says, Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine (make day dawn) upon you and give you light.
Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people)"

Because none of us have it all together.
But trying to look like we do is an exhausting, and joyless existence. 
Keep it real (even on facebook!) :)

xx



5 comments:

  1. "I also can present a perfect exterior.....despite the things that lay hidden in my heart"
    I love you Mrs, you always have some words of wisdom that I can well identify with :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you chicky babe!
    So good.

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this.
    You know how much.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So right, since we banked online (and weren't sent statements) it was so much easier! Keeping it real I had better go and sort my house rather than gaze at others xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could say the same about myself. I love to put it e in to the exterior but paperwork, mail, taxes etc can plague me. The verse is a great reminder for me. Thanks for Sharing your heart!

    Jamie (jamgodsgirl from instagram)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!