Thursday, March 22, 2012

date & honey loaf

I went to my local little fruit and veg store the other day, 
to get fruit for school, 
local honey,
and date loaf.
Theirs is the only one I've tried;
it comes in a roll, and is delicious smothered in butter.

Unfortunately they were out of said date loaf!
*gasp!*
As I was leaving the old lady at the checkout said to me,
"I'm sure you could find the recipe on the internet somewhere"
now why didn't this google/pinterest/blog-lovin' girl think of that?!
So ta-da!




After reading a myriad of different date loaf recipes,
I kinda used
Tenina's thermomix version
and this one.

I used oats instead of spelt flakes,
and dried dates (and a little bit of banana too)
I think it would be nice with walnuts or something added.
Obviously, if you don't have a thermomix, just blend the dates in a blender or food processor
{I wouldn't bother cooking them, if you blend them small enough, mine still had little chunks of date}

Anyway. It is DELICIOUS.
I even had a few lovelies taste test today for morning tea,
and their verdict matched mine.
Just yum.

And with only 40g of sugar, and a bit of honey,
rather healthy too, don't you think?
AND my kids liked it... bonus!
It is nice to have a change from the banana bread I make regularly.

Any other loaf/sweet bread recipes you would like to share?

xx

2 comments:

  1. sounds pretty yummy! You inspired my blog post this morning (yesterdays) Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU gorgeous Grace! :) xxx

      Delete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!