Monday, February 13, 2012

{my hope for her}



A new season has dawned on us, baby girl.


I hope for you.
I hope for you to be strong and brave always.

I hope that I have done enough.

I know I have taught you please and thank you.
I hope that I have taught you to be kind, to share without reserve, to love wholeheartedly.
I hope that I have taught you independence, and built your self-esteem, enough so that you walk with your head held high; but low enough to be able to reach out to others.
I hope the light you carry in your heart will bless those in your new little world, the way it blesses me.

I hope we baked and played tea parties enough together; 
I hope that I stopped and looked and listened and played with you enough for you to know without a doubt how important you are, how amazing you are, and how much I love you.

I know that my sowing into your life, precious girl, has not been unfruitful, for you are my harvest of blessing.

I will miss you, these days you are not here, but I love knowing that the world is getting a taste and a glimpse of your beautiful soul.

xx


"Nothing that you have not given away will ever truly be

 yours."

{CS Lewis}

10 comments:

  1. O how beautiful! With such a wise and loving mother I am sure your little girl can bring nothing but love and joy with her wherever she goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Kirsty! I am praying that is truth! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh Em! How precious! Brings a tear to my eye! My hope is that, one day... I can be the beautiful Mommy to my children that you are. Such an inspiration! I TOTALLY look up to you my dearest friend... Know that! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tam, when you are a mummy one day, you will be SUPERMUM! And, even if you find Supermum doesn't actually exist (a realisation I had to come to too) you will still love your kids like crazy and raise them beautifully! Meanwhile, I'll be totally living through you and your adventure! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Em, this is so beautifully written! I have no doubt whatsoever that your darling girl will leave her mark where ever she goes. You are such an amazing mama and your children are a real credit to you :)
    Miss Eddie is going to shine!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, such a compliment, when my children are complimented!!
      So good having a sisterhood of amazing mamas around me to glean from! xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post
    Your little girl is gorgeous and even though this is the first time I have visited your blog, from what you have written here I can tell you are a beautiful mum. I hope you are all enjoying this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      It is taking a little time to adjust, but hanging out with just baby A is a treat! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh, now she is a beauty! Such precious, precious days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful little angel, and your words are soooo understood. You are blessed to have her and she you. And C.S.Lewis is so wise.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!