Thursday, February 9, 2012

creative space

Why is it that, what we can't do, we want to do so much more?
My sewing machine has been off for a service, and I've never wanted to sew so much in my LIFE!
Three weeks.
It was a good three weeks for prioritising, though, and putting those things first that should be put first.
I'm forming some good habits
And organising our home for the start of the school year!
(I am going to share a free printable, yes I am... in a day or two!)


This year is going to be good.


So, my first sewing creation (not counting my little hand-sewn buntings that I made last week, as housewarming presents for a couple of gorgeous friends) for the year...








I finally made a pillowcase dress!


Yes, they are as easy as everyone has said, and no, it didn't take me all night, which is why I had time to make those cute little fabric buttons to embellish it with!



It's a shame my 3 year old miss is not a huge fan of blue.
"I like it mum, I am just going to save it for church, not now"
is her nice way of saying "There is far to much blue, and not enough pink - it's just not pretty enough!"

xx


Linking up with all the other creative spaces over here.

14 comments:

  1. adorable little tea towel dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooou.... i really like the wooden boxes in your pic on our creative spaces. thats what made me click through to your blog and gald i did. its very very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      The shelves are actually made from an old pallet, lots of tutorials going around if you wanted to Google and try some too, they are VERY easy!
      xx

      Delete
  3. just found your lovely blog from the creative spaces link! wow-ee love the little pillow-case dress. i have never tried one, but should as i think my daughter would love one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting! I'd definitely recommend trying a pillowcase dress. I wouldn't mind making one for myself too... wonder if I could pull that look off?! ;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! You have also inspired me to get out my sewing machine and make some bunting to decorate the book case :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Garlands, especially bunting, just make my heart happy!! :) xx

      Delete
  5. You could always applique a pink flower on the front? Looks lovely though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adding extra pink is definitely in the plan - she is still kindly refusing to wear it, hehe! x

      Delete
  6. hi there...such cute bunting, i love it! just wanted to let you know that i stumbled across your blog and am really enjoying it! i find it so refreshing to see the way you are able to connect the practical things you make and do with your spiritual life..a real inspiration!

    love the pillow case dress by the way! made one for my niece for christmas, it was a hit!

    Mezz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mezz, nice to meet you!
      Thanks for your encouragement... I find it hard to fit into a certain "genre" in blogland, if you will, because of the mixing it up of faith, and craftiness, and motherhood, but it's just how I do it, and I'm glad you like it! Thanks again! xx

      Delete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!