Thursday, February 2, 2012

{Bible} in a year.


I rallied the troups,
"C'MON!" (Lleyton Hewitt style)
A group of girls, my sisterhood.
I felt like I'd needed to make a real commitment to the Word for a long time.
The beginning of a new year was approaching; in my eyes, no better place to start.
But I knew I'd need help to keep it up... 
I didn't (don't) want this to be something I let fall by the wayside.

So. A text was sent to six lovelies.
A unanimous yes recieved: They'd join me!
It was agreed, we would start on the 1st.

And we did!

Today is day 33.

What I know is this:

Days feel lighter. My step is springier. 
And my hunger for this daily bread is getting stronger.

Sometimes, I read in the morning, before the kids wake.
Other times, in the afternoon while Miss A naps, and Miss E plays quietly at 'quiet time'.
Sometimes, most often, it's with my cup of tea at the end of the day.
When the house is quiet, and sleepy, and most of the lights are off, or dimmed.
When everything is in it's place, and my kitchen is clean and shiny awaiting a new day.
It's my quiet time.

{Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path} 
Psalm 119:105

xx



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Such an important part of our day. I'm about 1/3 through a daily reading plan on my iPhone... i like how if i miss a day or two it can 'catch me up'! :) God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I've always wanted to do. In fact I'd like to read a couple of religious texts (from different religions) Thanks for the encouragement Em.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!