Wednesday, January 4, 2012

summer holiday






packing bags for a few days south
beach house, family;
don't forget to pack the toothbrushes, all 5
singing, "We're all going on a, summer holiday, no more worries for a, week or two"
reminding myself of my mother
funny to think that I'm the mother now
did I pack enough underwear?
shall I take that bag, or the basket?
snacks for the road, check.
colouring books, textas, bathers.
Bible. Journal.
I hope she sleeps. Maybe I should take one of her bottles just in case? NO. We are weaning her. Full stop. No bottles.
Oh God please let her sleep in that house full of family.
bathers.
toothbrushes? oh! yes!
blankets, pillows, comforters
hats sunscreen
"Sweetie, where's the travel soaps?"
Ugh, have to pack for him too, the fourth child.
Oh forgive my impatience.
i should mop the floor tonight, so it's clean when we get back.
what about those emails? that work? 
it's okay, it's only a couple of days, it can wait.
where is that basket?!
oh, there it is.

happy times.
summer holiday.

xx


6 comments:

  1. feel like i need a holliday after reading that....totally identify with all your thoughts and love that you typed them ALL down.....love the honesty.
    Just flicked back to your guest post on princess warrior......powerful post, and was brought to mind when praying for a situation a friend is in. Keep writing Em, it is a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel like i need a holliday after reading that....totally identify with all your thoughts and love that you typed them ALL down.....love the honesty.
    Just flicked back to your guest post on princess warrior......powerful post, and was brought to mind when praying for a situation a friend is in. Keep writing Em, it is a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I love too how you penned all your thoughts. I'm sure we are all consumed by them when dealing with getting organised for anything.
    How lovely to be getting away from it all for a bit, have a fantastic time away :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I just realised that you are doing Tif's challenge....GO YOU!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you are enjoying your summer holiday Em, and that you are getting plenty of relaxing done. I really enjoyed reading your post I've never thought about writing down all my thoughts like that, I think it might be rather interesting on certain days to re-read what I've been thinking:) Thank you for stopping by to say hi. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Enjoy every moment...even if she does not sleep...its all about the memories <3

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!