Sunday, January 1, 2012

{hello new year}






resolve verb
1. to come to definite or earnest opinion
2. to clear away any doubts, fears etc



resolute adjective
1. firmly resolved or determined, set in purpose or opinion
2. characterised by firmness and determination as the temper, spirit, actions etc.

resolution noun
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention
2. a resolve or determination to make a firm resolution to do something
3. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute, firmness of purpose




She loved the lead up to a new year.
New beginnings excited her, caused her to dream a little more, hope a little bigger.
Despite the brushing off that other people did at the thought of new years resolutions, she loved the real idea of a resolution
A resolve. Strength. Determination.
She pictured her inner self jutting out her chin, clenching her jaw and her fists, and, clearing out any doubts and fears (to be honest, there are a few!), making a firm decision. 
And then striding forward.

That she is me.
This me, in 2012 has refocused.
Just a little of what that means;

{1}
Not letting days slip away unused and unnoticed.
In some areas this will mean more doing, and in others it will mean less doing, more being.
Always in the here and now.

{2}
Reading. 
One of my first loves.
To read, think, then write about what I've read, whether I share that here, or it stays in the journal, regardless, the writing helps it sink in.
And a reading of things that count.

{3}
Contentment.
Not comparing; not wanting, not consuming, not wasting.
More outward focus, less focus on having
And gratitude. 
I have so much to be thankful for.


So. She externally juts out her chin, whilst inwardly is resolved.

And for you, beautiful reader who has taken the time to visit here throughout my first year of blogging... thank you!
In twentytwelve
"I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers"
{3 John 2}

Love Em
xx


PS - One of the things I have resolved to do, is read through the entire Bible this year, following the One Year Bible reading plan. I have recruited a bunch of the girls in my world to join me... I merely mention it here to keep myself accountable! I'll keep you updated xx

6 comments:

  1. would love to be in your real world and work through the bible! Enjoy living these wonderful resolutions x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good! i especially love that scripture at the end. thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year...some great things there that you have penned to head into the New Year with. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your resolutions. I, like you, need to learn to be content. Here's to an awesome 2012. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these resolutions..a lot!
    I think this is going to be a year of tremendous growth in all areas :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Beautiful Em, it will be a grand year! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!