Monday, December 12, 2011

{pears and pjs}

Laying low today, with sniffles and a throat thing.
Ick.
I'm drinking hot Apple Cider Vinegar like tea, with honey.
It seriously helps with the symptoms... 
Grandmothers are clever like that, it was my husband's Gran who told me about this little secret, years ago. It's my first go-to when I feel a cold coming on.
I never researched it, I just did it, and it worked.
It's always something I have in the cupboard now, trusty Apple Cider Vinegar... but judging by the reactions I had over the last couple of days, it feels like I'm the only one - surely not?

So I googled {Google and Grandmothers are clever, it seems}
You should do research too, if you were wanting to use it... there is a whole page of information here to get you started.
I have a few tablespoons in a mug of hot water, with honey. 
All I know is that it works.
My friend Tammi wrote a post about the benefits of honey.
Natural remedies are the best.

So I'm in my pj's dreaming about making some pear jam, eating the last of my own Strawberry, Apple and Vanilla Jam with a fresh loaf of bread (I am a sucker for breads, yum!), and looking at an overcast sky that is trying really hard to rain. 






xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh yep, Apple cider vinegar is amazing! I've used it in the past for mastitis and other infections. Definitely a winner! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pear jam??? yum! loving your instagram pics. feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can learn so much from generations before us. My dad is a big fan of ACV and has been drinking it for years...a shot in the morning chased by a glass of water, I much prefer it the way you drink it with water and honey.
    It is amazing as a hair rinse too :)
    Hope you are feeling better soon sweet, will get your tea book back to you asap.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better...must try the cider next time.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. summer colds are infinitely worse than winter colds. but it's pretty wintry at the moment isn't it? hope you're feeling better today.

    rachel xo

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!