Friday, December 9, 2011

beauty







"Mummy, do I look beautiful?"

She looks at me with her black eyes.

Those eyes are so dark, most times I can't see the pupil.

She twirls, "Mummy, watch. I'm dancing at my wedding!"

She's decked out, head to toe in costume - plastic high heels, an arm full of

 jingling bracelets, neck laden with beads and a tiara-adorned head full of wild 

curls.



"Do I look beautiful?"
she implores again.
"Like a princess?"

With a lump in my throat I kneel down and pull her to me.
"You don't just look beautiful, you are beautiful. You just are. Even when you don't have on this, or this, or this," I touch her 'beautiful' dress and jewels.
"You are beautiful because that's what God says you are. It's how He made you."

"And you mummy!"

She grins, pulls away, and twirls again.

"Yep. And me."


And me.
He makes everything beautiful in it's own time. (Ecc 3:11)
The way the world defines beauty is ever changing.
I don't look there.









BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
    Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits--
    Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,
    Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy;
    Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]

{Psalm 103:1-5, Amplified Bible}





He beautifies me.

xx

7 comments:

  1. Love this! My heart feels just a bit bigger and capable today...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oH Em!!!! That is the most beautiful and precious thing I have ever read. Stunning! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! These are the moments to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep remembering it, beautiful! We forget it so easily when we don't feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious and so beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great encouragement for my weary heart

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!