Thursday, October 13, 2011

{new seasons}


"In light of all this, here's what I want you to do... I want you to get out there and walk - better yet, run! - on the road God called you to travel. I don't want any one of you sitting around on your hands. I don't want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere. And mark that you do this with humility and discipline - not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences" Eph 4 (MSG)







That steady walk. That trudges through the darkness of winter, the dryness of summer, the autumn that can sometimes see things, like leaves, falling down around us. Still walking at a steady pace, holding on, {sometimes just with fingernails} into the new hope that is spring.
Lighter and easier, embracing warmth, and letting spring rain soak new life into hearts that contained dormant seeds.

I feel like a new season is around the corner. 
There is a lightness, and an ease in this walk I've been walking.
Where I've previously had to work at the discipline that the above verse talks about, there is now something racing in me... the beat of my heart seems quicker even, an excitement.
Like running up a hill and feeling the ground shift, and, slowly but surely, downhill comes.
The speed increases, there is an easy momentum that just comes simply, without effort.

There are still things that need to be washed away, but prayer is suddenly easier now.
Phew.

I know it won't always last, but I am embracing this {spring} season while it does!











The afternoon sunlight is pretty here. And it's where I've retreated to whilst two girls sleep, and one boy is quietly playing.

And we are going to rug up and enjoy late afternoon sunshine, with this crisp breeze, and take our dinner to the beach down the road. Husband has promised the kids "fishing"... which really entails some dusk exploring along the waters edge, and dinner on the sand.
Maybe a fish or two? 

Praying for an ease to your step too, as we walk into the spring season here!

xx

4 comments:

  1. I feel this new season you speak of...I also feel like I have been holding my breath waiting for it to arrive and now I can let out a great big sigh and get on with walking the walk :)
    Enjoy your seaside time with your gorgeous family.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so needed this today. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely time my friend sounds divine I love to walk beside the sea too. Enjoy your tomorrow.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!