Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Swim.




"And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap [a harvest of blessing], if we do not loosen and relax our courage and give up." {Galatians 6:9}

Of course this was just what I needed this Sunday.
Of course, I wasn't thinking thoughts the week prior about giving up... 
giving up the blogging thing, the dreams, the ministry, the housework.
I am sure we all have thoughts about giving up... don't we??
Maybe I am the only one.
Sometimes it just seems really hard.
To keep on top of everything.
On top of the washing, and the groceries; the phone calls, the bills, the immunisations (that one came to mind, because my now almost 14 month old is overdue!)

So what do you do? When it just seems hard?
Don't quit!
Don't give up. 
It's a command. Don't lose heart. Just don't.

Dory's voice in my head is singing
 "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? We swim, swim..."

Do you know what I do?
Just take 5. Seriously. It sounds cliche, I know. But I just set some time aside. Ask (tell!) the husband that I need a breather, and take the next opportunity to have one. 
I go somewhere (the shops, Spotlight, the beach, wherever!) on my own.
Without any three year olds and their non-stop chatter.

Breathe.
And then what?

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

[and know, you can do all things through Him who gives you strength. it's true.]

So. Blogland. I'm back. Yes I am.
xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh my darling 'little sis' how I needed to read this today!

    I have thoughts of quitting homeschool and romanticised about sending the boys to school lately. In my head, the grass would be greener.....but in reality, I know that homeschooling is what suits our family.

    And so I 'just keep swimming, swimming, swimming' and will ride this wave out.

    Thanks for the encouragement today. xoxo

    PS - I have had the Dr's office ring me twice about my 4 year old immunistaion for Mr4 who turned 4 in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have ever heard this song I linked (Swim by Jacks Mannequin), but it keeps me going when times are tough and I get overwhelmed.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zt_bZkV_gg

    xx, C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em...it's like you have been reading my mind. I have felt like I have been swimming against the tide lately and getting no where fast!! It's just all felt too hard lately that I have found that I am isolating myself more and more which is so not the answer.
    I so needed to read this today....I will not give up :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - I am linking to this in my next post xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to Jo Princess Warrior I am reading this... thank You :)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!