Friday, September 2, 2011

{hold tight}

Where have I been, I hear you ask (well okay, I am assuming that blogland actually cares where I have been, but for my own little happy bubble, we'll go with it!)



Here I am... yep that's me, looking super glamourous in my daggy house-clothes, and my fringe pinned back (thinking about growing out the bangs again, wow, that was short-lived!) and no makeup. Okay well that's quite normal, the no makeup thing, but you get the picture right?

We have been a household full of the flu.
Four out of the five of us have been on antibiotics... crazy for us, a very healthy family with pretty good immune systems usually!
This flu has knocked us all out. Husband has had a week off work.
Mr J had two days off school.
Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.

Oh and lack of blogging has also been due to lack of wi-fi.
Our new modem will arrive next week, hurrah!
Blogging is not fun on the iPad.
And I cannot wait to come and visit all your blogs again soon.




So this has been us.
Days and days of lounging around at home, fighting flu symptoms.
About 4 trips to doctors (including waiting almost 3 hours in an after-hours surgery).
Lots of Lego building.
Lots of cuddles.
And a few tears I'll admit (yes, they were mine... Waaaaa who's going to look after me when I'm looking after everyone else?!)



And lots of days in pjs.
These are ones I whipped up today in Baby A's nap time.
Mr J has been asking for some for a while, since I made one for Princess E.
This little bit of sewing therapy was just what I needed today.




AND. There has been lots of good stuff this week too.
Like very caring friends who drop off goodies because you had to cancel a catch up with them... I will link you later, when I have some Internet happening, lovely!




Like the new Ikea catalogue to pour over during long days on the couch!




And like goodies in the mail from a beautiful blogger, simply because I happened to be her 100th follower! I will link her later too, I can't do this HTML thing right now, coughing and spluttering, and head pounding!

So that is my week, in a nutshell.
Probably the most boring, unpretty post ever.
But right now husband is making me a cuppa and I am about to spend my Friday night curled up on the couch with him watching a movie (of his choice, uh oh!).

SO looking forward to next week being one of productivity, and health and normality!

"Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise" Hebrews 10:23 (NLT)

xx







5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've had a week of sick! Praying that you are all back to great health tomorrow. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I have been so out of the loop with having Kaizer sick too...this damn flu is rather persistent.
    Hoping your household is on the mend :
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick..bugs that take out the whole family are NOT fun. Hope you are all feeling heaps better now. We had a yucky tummy one last week too and even though it only got me and the littlest that was still bad enough. Here's to a healthy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're all feeling better better!!
    I miss you!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing I so hope you are all feeling better soon sending happy times, sunshine, hugs and love your way my friend xo

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!