Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My, oh my!


I haven’t blogged in over a week.
I am rarely on Facebook.
I am a little addicted to Instagr.am, but even the excitetment of that is waning.
And Twitter? Sorry Tweeps, I haven’t paid you much attention.

Except to tweet this quote I love;

“How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live”
-      {Henry David Thoreau}

I have been standing up, living.
An exhaustingly busy, yet entirely satisfying kind of living.
Full of reaching out, stretching where I’m certainly not wanting to be stretched, and (hopefully) touching others lives in a way that shines Truth.
I really want to be a light.
Full of tea dates with friends, playdates with our kids – the kind where, over a simple cuppa (and something sweet of course) heart connections are made… and the Sisterhood is strengthened.
I really want unity in our Sisterhood.

And full of family memories and momentous occasions!
We celebrated our baby girl’s first birthday on the weekend.
The last of the first birthdays – the thought brings a tear to my eye!
Happy birthday beautiful Princess A.
You are our delight, the completion of our family, a promise.
A rainbow.

And what better way to celebrate than with a rainbow party?!
Complete with rainbow cake (decorated with a rainbow bunting!) of course.





Aaah. Reminiscing. Our baby girl, you are growing before my eyes – faster than your older brother and sister, even though I am in much less hurry for you to!
My baby bump, with her older brother & sister. It seems like forever ago...

Labour - yuk!
But all worth it for this little pink bundle, only hours old!


So thankful to be her Mama!


You have a quirky sense of humour, a cheekiness that makes us laugh, which is fully your intention of course.
And you are the friendliest baby I know. You reach out for strangers to hold you, and love their attention when they do. Amazing girl, I want to keep you this way forever… but I know you won’t be so I’ll savor every moment!

And lovely people who take the time to read this humble blog of mine… thank YOU! I’ll be sure to stop by and say hi soon… ‘tis lovely to sit down to write from time to time!

xx









4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake - happy birthday wee one! Loving that quote too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a pleasure to celebrate your little Princess's birthday with you :)
    You are just precious Em.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that rainbow cake, what a beautiful birthday theme of the blessing and promise of your little girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh! Your princess is gorgoeous!! LOVE This:
    "Full of tea dates with friends, playdates with our kids – the kind where, over a simple cuppa (and something sweet of course) heart connections are made… and the Sisterhood is strengthened.
    I really want unity in our Sisterhood."
    You are amazing. Go out and live and when you can, write about it xo

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!