Thursday, August 4, 2011

hello sewing machine!

I really love my sewing machine.
I really love this vintage sheet I found at a local thrift store.

I really did not love cutting into said vintage sheet. Which is why it has been sitting on my sewing table for over a month.
But when inspiration hit, vintage sheet was perfect!



But to cut... gasp!
Remind myself: it's a SHEET, there's plenty!







And it was definitely worth it for this cute little pouch I whipped up in no time at all.
{do I count the time spent laying in bed the night before trying to work out in my brain how I would create the inside zipped pocket, and four spaces for cards?!}




Overall, very happy with my vintage-y, lacey, pocket-y pouch.
It is now the new home to all the contents of my purse.
{Love}

Really loving the colour yellow too, did you notice?

Linking up with Our Creative Spaces
Go and check out all the other creative goodness out there!
xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh that's so sweet! I wish I was clever with my machine, but we are not friendly at all. Probably not even on speaking terms...

    'Duck-egg blue', huh? I think we ARE kindred spirits! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely fabric! loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I do so love your new pouch in all it's gorgeous yellow-ness...so pretty!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just too sweet, and well worth that first cut into your lovely vintage sheet. And yellow - love the taste of summer yellow reminds me of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I have also been contemplating the need for a pretty wallet style purse. Think you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - and loved having a wee look at your beautiful blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the teacup in your blog header. What a nice way to upcycle, eh?

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!