Tuesday, August 9, 2011

[craving]

"...the Lord is with you while you are with Him. If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him, craving Him as your soul's first necessity], He will be found by you..." {2 Chronicles 15:2}






While there are a lot of things that have been lovely for my soul lately - a sweet little getaway to the country, sitting down and crocheting at the end of a long day, cosying up with a book, running hard on the treadmill at the gym and listening to Sisterhood podcasts... or even my gorgeous kids... [Princess E and her gorgeous cheeks and this photo I couldn't resist sharing...]




... while all these things are GOOD, and definitely good for my soul... this verse says I need to seek Him as my soul's first necessity.


NOT quality time with my husband.
NOT tea dates with amazing girlfriends.
NOT shopping.
And while all of the above are good (VERY good!) for the soul.
They shouldn't be what I need.
Not necessity.


Nope.


A re-aligning of this heart of mine!


This morning, sitting here:



Was good for my soul.

xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! And those cheeks are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Scripture! Yummy Cheeks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little one is too cute!

    Love, C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, those cheeks!
    I hope they are an Oliver thing and my kid gets blessed with them too! Too gorgeous!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to do this! Thank you for beautiful inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely...and those cheeks are amazing! Do they get squeezed by many?

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!