Thursday, July 14, 2011

[true colours]





“You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colours. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do it’s work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought."
{James 1 - The Message}

I've been pondering lately what the 'true colours' of my faith-life are.
I haven't been full of faith lately, and I seem to spend more time looking at my circumstances, pretending not to be afraid, rather than looking The One who is telling me to ask for help. 
I often don't know what I'm doing, but, the last thing I do is 'pray to the Father'. 
I flounder along, pretending like I know what I'm doing, fooling myself into thinking I've got it all together... and "worry my prayers". 
This verse in James goes on to say those who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. 
I think I've been like waves lately. Just being tossed around by my circumstances.
Nothing will change that way.
My faith-life is being forced out into the open. 
It's staring me in the face.

God is real.
He is able.
Now. To start living that, internally.

xx


6 comments:

  1. I was only thinking this morning..in the very early hours in bed..that trust is a decision. We decide to trust people when they prove themselves trustworthy and our God has never been otherwise. I can decide with every circumstance that comes up..to trust Him..and listen when He tells me how to act through it and when it is resolved then my faith grows naturally! Have a lovely weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that our God is real and able and that through Him, we can do anything.
    Love you too my beautiful friend.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good! thanks for being transparent. :) i know exactly how you feel! glad you stopped by my blog today and introduced yourself. i'm following your lovely blog now :) blessings, lora

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!