Saturday, July 23, 2011

{rest}

The last weekend of the school holidays have arrived.
Mr Husband is on a guys weekend, motorbike riding and sleeping in swags in sand dunes... so my three little ducklings and I headed off in the opposite direction to visit my parents.

I slept next to this old stove, and find it hard to drag myself away from it's warmth!





Except to venture into town, and do a spot of browsing in some antique shops on the main street. And oh! My heart did skip a little beat when I found these beauties!








{"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons..." (Proverbs 31:13}





And a couple of gorgeous {blue} books! The bottom copy of 'Peter Pan' was published in 1951! I cannot tell you how much I adore old books... the smell alone... aaah!

And in my nice warm spot next to the stove, I have been reading, and crafting a little.
My mustard yellow beauty is complete - I am loving bows at the moment, and the navy looks cute against the yellow, I think!





And I made a little flower garland to hang in my parent's caravan.




It is beautiful here.
My soul has space.





It’s useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don’t you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves? (Psalm 127:2 MSG)

xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful scriptures and I just love your yellow creation with the navy bows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em I just love that last verse ad this heart needed it! Thanks!
    Enjoy your time down there! Nothing like the country x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully shared as always Miss Em! So glad you managed to get there for the end of the holidays and enjoy the space, the creativity, the warmth by that gorgeous stove, the hearts of your dearest and those luscious finds you know that I love:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo gorgeous, love absolutely everything about this post.....enjoy fine rest xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'My soul has space' - I love that!

    Love your gorgeous finds too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!